|Stan's Introduction to Wikidelphia|
Register to use Wikidelphia for free by writing to Stan Pokras <firstname.lastname@example.org> for a username and password. (We're trying to screen out spammers and vandals.) If you've never made or edited a Wiki page before, that's fine. Selecting our "Help" link will get you started learning how, and if you spend a half-hour or so studying closely, you'll be able to start making good-looking pages, no problem. Wikidelphia needs many, many more things Philadelphian, so if you're from, in, or around Philly, Wikidelphia needs your knowledge!
There's a crew of folks from Code for America Philadelphia working on a new version of Wikidelphia using the "Local Wiki" software
Topic Areas in Wikidelphia
- Search for anything in or related to Philadelphia. This feature provides a search of over 250 Philadelphia blogs, Web and news sites.
Featured Websites weWorkInPhilly and Philadelphia Speaks
Article Link Philadelphia, The Place That Loves you Back
- Other Networks Newsletter
- The Encyclopedia of Greater Philadelphia
- City government
- Nonprofit Organizations
- People around town
- Personal stories
- Philly Blogs
- Philly Jobs
- Free Stuff
- Other pages
- For those who desire to add content or whole pages to Wikidelphia
- Main article: Editing
Our only criteria (as of before our 2nd Organizational Meeting) is that all pages/articles have to be Philadelphia-related in some meaningful way, and not be illegal.
If You Would Like to Help Plan Wikidelphia
- Main article: Wikidelphia Planning -- See the 2nd Organizational Meeting Announcement there.
- See also: Main Page Suggestions
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software. In particular see the sections for Readers and Editors.
For current members of the planning team, the Google group can be e-mailed at email@example.com