Philly Food Finder
A Guide to Food Assistance in Philadelphia
People facing food insecurity in this city are making difficult choices everyday that affect their ability to thrive.
- When forced to stretch food dollars, families often purchase cheaper, unhealthier foods to get their children through the day and stave off the feeling of hunger.
- Many food-insecure seniors are choosing between buying food and paying for medicine, and may skip meals throughout the day.
- The consequences of these choices include malnutrition, obesity, mental health concerns, a weakened immune system, and a reduced ability to pay attention in school.
Based on this knowledge, the Philadelphia Food Policy Advisory Council's Anti-Hunger Subcommittee identified the need for a food resources toolkit that consolidated information about how to get affordable, healthy food in Philadelphia.
- The subcommittee members gathered and compiled reliable information about different types of food resources for a project now known as Philly Food Finder. (MORE)
- To find food resources near you, select "Resources" in the Philly Food Finder menu.
- ADD additional resources to the database HERE