Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s Jewish community is one of the oldest in North America. For more than a century, the Jewish Federation has been there to support that community by meeting urgent needs, responding to major events and strengthening Jewish traditions.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia was originally founded in 1901 as the Federation of Jewish Charities, which united nine agencies into a single combined effort to help Philadelphia’s Jewish community. Since then our reach has grown considerably as our range of services of expanded to help support Jews throughout the Greater Philadelphia region, in Israel and around the world.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's Our History page.
In The News
- Philadelphia-Area Social Service Agencies See Increased Need for Food, Mental Health Resources, Jewish Exponent, October 22, 2020.
- Jewish Federation funds to protect the most vulnerable, Jewish Exponent, April 10, 2020.
- Jewish Federation convenes community meeting on coronavirus, Jewish Exponent, March 20, 2020.
- Facebook: jewishphilly
- Podcast: Jewish Philly Podcast
- Twitter: @JFedinPhilly
- Volunteer: Volunteer Opportunities