National Shared Housing Resource Center (NSHRC)
The National Shared Housing Resource Center (NSHRC) is a network of independent non-profit homesharing programs across the United States.
- NSHRC is a clearinghouse of information for people looking to find a shared housing organization in their community or to help get a program started.
- NSHRC does not register home providers and home seekers to help them find a shared living arrangement, nor do we have legal authority over Shared Housing programs listed in our Directory. The Match-Up Programs listed in the Directory are independent and are available to help consumers who want to pursue Shared Housing.
1. Match-Up Programs help home providers find a compatible home seeker to pay rent or possibly provide services in exchange for a reduction in rent.
2. Shared Living Residences involve a number of people living cooperatively as an unrelated family in a large dwelling.
3. Information Only Programs offer resources and referrals to other agencies.