Open Connections (OC)
Freedom to Learn and Create
At Open Connections we engage in a wide variety of techniques to ensure that young people have the freedom to learn and create.
- Avoidance of questions with hidden agendas.
- Emphasis on Real Work versus make-work.
- Reliance on experiential, hands-on learning.
- Development of Process Consciousness (how a process impacts on the quality of content/output, for better or for worse).
- Treatment of all people as colleagues (minus the struggles of hierarchies).
- Celebration of each other's growth.
- Offer of developmentally appropriate opportunities for young people to contribute to the growth of Open Connections.
- Encouragement of the use of imagination and wishfulness as components of Flexible Thinking.
- Emphasis on collaboration and synergy (vs. competition and negativity).
- Treatment of adversity as opportunity.
- Finding the resources to achieve goals.
Notes: The above descriptive information came from the organization's The OC Process page. Open Connections is located in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania.
- Brochure: Open Connections 2018-2019 (PDF)
- Facebook: openconnectionseducation
- Publication: Open Connections Magazine Spring 2018 (PDF)