Salvation Army Greater Philadelphia
Behind This Shield is a Big Heart
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
For over 150 years, The Salvation Army has represented hope to millions of people in need worldwide. Through its community centers and a network of volunteers, The Salvation Army is on the front line each and every day in nearly every zip code across the United States.
"Doing the most good to the most people in the most need" is more than The Salvation Army's brand, it is our Christian mission as a faith-based organization. From food and shelter for the hungry and homeless to compassionate care where needed, we continue to strive to meet the spiritual, physical, and emotional needs of thousands of men, women, and children in Greater Philadelphia.
Notes: The above descriptive information came from the organization's Mission Statement page. The organization's headquarters are in Wynnefield Heights, and it has locations throughout the city.
In The News
- A Salvation Army program helps sex workers survive in Philly. It can also lead them to a new life., Philadelphia Inquirer, February 15, 2021.
- Salvation Army Donors Adopt Families for Christmas, CBS-3, December 12, 2018.
- Philly Salvation Army Brings Emotional Support to Florida (video), NBC-10, October 15, 2018.
- Email Newsletter: The Salvation Army of Eastern PA & DE
- Facebook: @SalvationArmyPhiladelphia
- Twitter: @SalArmyPhilly
- Volunteer: Volunteering with the Salvation Army