Semantic MediaWiki (SMW)
Every property has its own article in the wiki, just as every category has an article.
- You can see all the properties in use in the wiki with special page Special:Properties
- Just as category articles are prefixed with Category:, all property articles are prefixed with Property: to distinguish them from other articles.
- Property "types" can be set using [[Has type:: as shown in this example:
- So you can also also use MediaWiki's special page "Search" to find existing properties.
- As with categories, a property's article can be empty, but it is strongly recommended to add a description that explains the intent of the property and its proper usage.
In-text annotations and property declarations are case-sensitive and therefore adhere certain MediaWiki configuration settings (e.g. configuration parameter $wgCapitalLinks) and if changed arbitrarily may cause content to be rendered invalid or unavailable during query execution.
Silent or Hidden in-text annotation uses an empty pipe |
i.e. a pipe character with a space after it thus:
[[Has population::2,229,621| ]]
[[Located in country::France| ]]
- Introduction to Semantic MediaWiki
- User manual
- Semantic Search (Special:Ask)
- Query construction
- Search for a property: [[Contact Email::
- Search for a property: [[p:
- Search for a category: [[c:
[[Category:Musical actor]] OR [[Category:Theatre actor]]or more concisely,
[[Category:Musical actor||Theatre actor]]
::[[Category:Is-Business]] ::[[Contact Email::